Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RalPh8  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2014 7:17:15 AM(UTC)
RalPh8

Groups: Registered

Good morning y'all!

I could not find the Northeast Texas Trail in the trail database on here so I added it. The Northeast Texas Trail (NeTT) is the newest in a line of long distance hiking/biking/equestrian trails throughout the state of Texas. This trail starts off in Farmersville just northeast of Dallas and travels 130 miles to New Boston, Texas (west of Texarkana) via an old rail right-of-way. This trail is a product of area locals and the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy. This trail is a great way to see beautiful northeast Texas countryside. The trail passes through 19 small towns and 7 counties. It provides wonderful eco-tourism to these small east Texas communities. Most of the towns are polka-dotted with small museums, convenience stores, bed and breakfast's, and various other amenities. Most trail segments range anywhere from 5-12 miles in length. Due to that the trail can be broken down into manageable smaller hikes over different weekends or for the more adventurous it can pretty much be hiked all the way through (there are some current issues where brush needs to be cleared and the trail may have to be by-passed by roads and the like). The trail still isn't 100% completed but it's come a long way since it's inception. Various people have made the hike or ride all the way from start to finish and their tales have been published in magazines and on websites like that of Texas Parks and Wildlife or bikeovernights.org. For more up-to-date information please visit northeasttexastrail.org

My goal with this publication and addition of the trail to the database is to bring more awareness to it's existence and enjoyment to the local hiking community.

Be safe out there!
Blaze  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2014 3:12:01 PM(UTC)
Blaze

Groups: Registered, TrustedUser

Thanks for the add! I like long trails, so I'll check it out. I look forward to hiking it. I've added all of the Rail-To-Trails in the greater Houston area that I am aware of, though these tend to be much shorter.
Happy Trails!
Lone_Star
Austin Explorer  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2014 1:32:50 AM(UTC)
Austin Explorer

Groups: Admin, Administrators, BetaUser, Registered, TrustedUser

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you very much for the trail addition. Lots of mileage is good!

I'm sorry that it's taken so long to get the trail "approved". I need to improve the process of getting that moved through the system.
Robert
#4 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 2:38:03 AM(UTC)

Thanks for posting! I will check it out.
mcduff  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:03:52 PM(UTC)
mcduff

Sweet I've been to Dallas a few times it's nice out there, I'm gonna haft to definitely take a drive to check them trails out...